PASSAIC PUBLIC LIBRARY
Computer and Internet Use Agreement
1. Users must first stop at the Circulation Desk and present their library card.
2. Users must use a BCCLS, PALS, or MAIN library card and have signed an agreement to use the internet computers. If a patron has fines or other penalties on their card, they will not be allowed to use the computer. NO LIBRARY CARD - NO INTERNET COMPUTER USE. A Library card must be presented each time for internet computer use. A pass will be given to allow use of internet computer. Pass and library card must be shown to Reference librarian and a computer will be assigned to you.
3. One person, one computer. No friends, guests, helpers or tutors are allowed to share the computer. Young children cannot be left unattended while parents use adult internet computers.
4. All children and young adults under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian sign this agreement. Younger children through the 6th grade must use the Children's Room Internet section ONLY if accompanied by their parent. Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by their parent.
5. All young adults from the 7th grade to 12th grade must use internet computers. Computers may be used on a first come. first serve basis.
6. There will be NO RESERVATIONS taken for internet computers. Computers may be used on a first come first serve basis only.
7. Passaic Public Library card holders have priooity if more than one person is waiting.
8. Internet use is limited to one-half hour if computers are busy.
9. Librarians are NOT available for instruction or one on one help, except if it pertains to a reference question. Please do not ask the librarian for technical assistance.
10. Users may save information to a floppy (3 1/2 " disk) purchased from the library. You cannot save to the hard drive or use your own floppy disk.
11. All computer equipment and furniture is kept in good working order. If there is an equipment problem please contact the librarian immediately.
12. Printing is .10 cents per page and must be purchased prior to printing. There will be no supplies of paper in the printer. You must purchase paper from the circulation desk at the time of printing. No bulk printing is allowed. Do not bring in envelopes, resume paper or colored paper. Paper must be purchased from the library. Due to the cost of ink, and the sensitivity of the printers, you cannot use your own copy paper.
13. The Passaic Public Library does not use internet filters of any kind. The internet computers are in a public area and any verified complaints will result in immediate shutdown of your computer.
14. By signing this agreement, parents of minors acknowledge their responsibility for the internet use of their children.
15. Any violations of the rules will result in suspension of privileges.
16. The Passaic Public Library reserves the right to end the computer session at any time.
17. This agreement is subjet to change without notice.
18. I have read abd understood this document and agree to comply.
As per the Passaic Public Library Board of Trustees - 02/27/2001