The passaic Public Library seeks to provide a safe and pleasant environment for all patrons.
it is expected that al patrons will conduct themselves with respect and consideration towards users and staff. To ensure this environment of mutual respect and consideration, the staff is committed to enforcing the following rules of conduct.
A. KEEP YOUR LIBRARY CLEAN
B. KEEP YOUR LIBRARY QUIET AND PEACEFUL
C. KEEP YOUR LIBRARY SAFE
- Do not run in the library or around the entrance. Do not throw items of any type in the library or around the entrance.
- The use of bicycles, skates, rollerblades, and skateboards are not permitted in the library or around the entrance.
- No weapons of any type are permitted unless the patron is authorized by law to carry a weapon. In this case please notify the front desk.
- All children under the age of 7 must be attended by an adult.
D. YOUR LIBRARY'S RESOURCES ARE FOR ALL
- Do not steal or vandalize any library materials or properties.
- Keep magazines and newspapers intact; i.e. do not cut out coupons or offers.
- Patrons not reading, studying or using library materials in the manner that they were designed to be used, will be required to leave the building.
Patrons will be encouraged to adhere to the Code of Conduct. Anyone refusing to follow the Code of COnduct will be asked to leave. Thank you for your cooperation.